The short answer is that you cannot. SpiderOak requires that you back up the data before you can synchronize it; however, given our intense de-duplication, adding a local drive to your backup (if it has the same data contained on your local hard drive or other computer in your SpiderOak network) will not use up additional space in your SpiderOak account as the data will simply be referenced to the external device.
Articles in this section
- Sync Troubleshooting
- Is Selective Sync Available?
- Can I Move the Hive Folder?
- What Does Calculations Pending Mean?
- Which Version Is Slated as a Versioned Copy and Which the Live Copy?
- How Does Sync Work?
- Can I Sync Across Various Platforms? Are There File Types That Will Not Sync Across Platforms?
- How Do I Sync Application Specific Files Such as iCal or iTunes Files?
- Does the Sync feature cost extra?
- Can Someone Eavesdrop on My Files While They Are Being Synced?