With SpiderOak ONE you only sync the files or folders that you choose, and you do not have to sync everything you back up. This is different from other well known services. With many of them, selective sync is opt-out: everything is synced by default but you may be able to opt out of synchronizing certain folders. With SpiderOak ONE, it is opt-in: you begin by backing up only and not syncing anything, and then you can choose individual folders that you want to sync. You may set up an unlimited number of syncs, and each sync can be between any combination of your devices. Making it opt-in gives you better default privacy and security.
Articles in this section
- Sync Troubleshooting
- Is Selective Sync Available?
- Can I Move the Hive Folder?
- What Does Calculations Pending Mean?
- Which Version Is Slated as a Versioned Copy and Which the Live Copy?
- How Does Sync Work?
- Can I Sync Across Various Platforms? Are There File Types That Will Not Sync Across Platforms?
- How Do I Sync Application Specific Files Such as iCal or iTunes Files?
- Does the Sync feature cost extra?
- Can Someone Eavesdrop on My Files While They Are Being Synced?