1. Download Semaphor on the device where you want to install it. Semaphor is available on Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android.
2. When the download completes, run the installer and follow the installation wizard. Once the installation has finished, open Semaphor.
3. When Semaphor opens, you will see a prompt to enter your e-mail address. Type your email address in the box and then click Join Semaphor.
4. Once you enter your e-mail address, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to this address with an alphanumeric code. Copy and paste the code from your email into the Verification Code box and push Next.
5. Alternatively, you can make an account using solely a username if you wish. To do so, click the option labelled ‘Join without e-mail’. You will choose the name others will see later. Once you have decided on a username, enter it into the appropriate field and select ‘Join Semaphor’.
6. Once you’ve verified your email or chosen a username, you can create your profile. You can choose a picture to set as your avatar, pick a display name that your teammates will see in addition to your username or email, and write a short biography about yourself.
Set Avatar: Your avatar is a picture that others will see when you are chatting or when they are looking at your account. To set an avatar, click the set avatar button to choose an image to upload from your local device. You can now navigate your pictures to select an image from your local device to upload as your avatar.
Display Name: Your display name is what others will see when you are chatting with them.
Write Bio: The biography section is information about you to help others recognize you. It is up to you what information you choose to make available here.